From here I can see Ireland's Eye

Stuff - you know... really I should just write down in a diary and burn it...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hello again, from the land of the partially blind, where the one eyed man is not so much king, as generally admired for his aptitude at telling how long it will be til the next DART arrives...

Thank you for the kind concern expressed about my new semi legal nautical look... The eyepatch is working out very nicely actually - and no, it's not really a dashing piratical eye patch, more a surgical, cotton based eye pad... but never mind...

Let me pause in my usual oratorical semi nonsensical flow to commend the following...

Clarabelle, or Clare McKenna - of the McKenna McCrea show and blog on SPIN 1038 - Clare debuted tonight as a tv presenter on Liffey Laughs on RTE 2 - and very good she was too... Also, it's worth a mention that Jonathan, co -host and second billed star of several radio shows seems to have taken over the show blog for his own semi nefarious purposes and is now posting increasingly delusional ramblings about imaginary trips to Wales and Pope Benedict The Sinister... I also think we may have to rename the blog "Note to Self" as the phrase occurs with increasing frequency...

Anyway, you can find out more / worry about Jonathan at Notes to Self dot com (may not be actual title, best to just click the link...)

You may also at your leisure applaud my gift for talent spotting in that I put the one who got the tv show first in the name of the show... although fans and imaginary friends of Jonathan will point out he is a long time tv and indeed panto veteran...

Anyway, enough... before my next New Year hug turns into a punch in my one good eye...

What was I going to talk about this evening? em... Something had annoyed me...

Nope. can't recall... How about I write a list of vaguely annoying things and you can pick your favourite, I will then compose a suitable rant on the topic... It'll be a bit like Twenty Major but with less booze and obviously less laughs...

1) Computers who "update themselves" and then demand to be switched off
2) The government accidentally overtaxing us by 1 Billion euro
3) The price of fancy cheese
4) Dublin
5) People with blogs who don't really think about what they're saying
6) RTE, generally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home