From here I can see Ireland's Eye

Stuff - you know... really I should just write down in a diary and burn it...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

So, it turns out, I'm on some kind of 8 day blogging cycle... Who knew?

Hello and thanks to my Blognificent friend, Ricardo who has I feel broken through some kind of blogging barrier with his pictures of earwax which at some point looked like John Lennon...

I salute you, deranged listeners and waxologists every where...

By the way, I just wasted an entirely unnecessary 5 minutes searching for a word to describe the science of the study of wax... Waxology, I made up

All of which nonsense and lyrical jibjabbery (also made up, I think) brings me to my thought which has inspired this rare and random bloggage... Although, I'm not supposed to mention the rarity of my posting, or otherwise refer to my lackadaisical commitment to literate endeavours. It annoys Annette... Hello Annette... (sticks tongue out)!

Anyway, the question is - at what point does the title "I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here" become redundant?

Is it when I don't really know who at least three of them are, or is it when I think I'm probably more famous than five of them? And I'm not even a tiny bit famous, in fact I barely even register on the Infamy scale...

It seems misleading and misplaced as a title... Is the appeal of the show, "there's a bloke who used to be on the telly, I wonder what he is doing now, Oh My God, he's eating a worm?" or is it "Gosh, look, they're just like normal people, and they have to live in a jungle and eat weird stuff?"

Cos, it seems to me, most of them are pretty much, normal people.

And they behave, pretty much like normal people

In a jungle.

Eating worms.

So, what is the point?

Do Ant & Dec eat worms? Em, no

Are they far more famous then the celebrities?

Emm, yes

So, what is the deal?

Would people want to see me in a jungle?

Eating worms?

DO WE HAVE TO EAT WORMS????

Eugh

And if its just normal people, in a jungle, eating worms... Shouldn't it be called, "Big Brother, in a Jungle, Now with worms"?

Maybe I should just be quiet and watch CSI:NY and then Newsnight... maybe it's mean't for other people... I don't know...

By the way, worms are not the worst of it, great big crawly things, testicles, kangaroo penises, lots of slimy things, eels and so on... but I think worms gets the idea across...

If you haven't watched it... please don't think its worth while having a little look... it isn't - it's crap - in fact it's as bad as you think it will be - and then worse...

The only way I'm a celebrity, get me out of here could be any worse is if the production team from Fair City made it...

By the way, the lowest point in my television year happened not once but twice last week...

A woman at dinner with an old man in Fair City leaned across the table and said...


"By the way, I'm going commando"


The worst part? Having seen it once while flicking past, I saw the scene again on Sunday, in the omnibus... Dear God...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home